Moreover, the GT (like the previous WRX) is uninspiring when the road gets twisty, owing to its incongruously soft suspension.

After my week with the car, though, I still did not like that spoiler.

Also, the trunklid itself has the old-school hinges that come down into the cargo area.

For one thing, this car is easier to stall than most manuals, as other drivers also noticed. The 2009 Subaru Impreza should assuage their concerns, as the WRX model is back to its rip-snorting self, and the base Impreza continues to be an intriguing alternative to the compact-car status quo.Last year's WRX was indeed a head-scratcher. It’ll carry groceries and your friends, and it won’t attract the attention of every law enforcement officer out there, provided you drive like an adult.As much as I enjoyed the car’s real-world performance, there are real-world caveats, too. This page is for personal, non-commercial use.

– Interior room and comfort is wonderful, and road noise is minimal. It only takes a few seconds.You must have JavaScript enabled to experience the new Autoblog.

According to a report from Reuters, the brand is planning its largest-ever recall for ... The doors have framed side windows -- a first for the Impreza and a rarity among Subarus -- that help quiet the interior.

Prior to this incident, I planned on making this car last me another 10 years, at which time I would purchase only one more vehicle prior to retiring. Transmission choices for the 2.5 i and Outback Sport are a five-speed manual with incline start assist (which holds brake pressure for about a second when the clutch is depressed to simplify uphill starts) or a four-speed automatic with manual shift control. The key here is the “turbocharged” bit. One passenger even remarked as much — unprompted. Visibility is largely OK, but with one glaring flaw: Despite the fact that there’s a cutout in the rear roof pillar, eliminating a potential blind spot, the rear spoiler interferes with your view. Is it better to lease or buy a car? Vehicles Affected: Approximately 1.3 million model-year 2014-16 Subaru Forester SUVs, model-year 2008-16 Impreza sedans, model-year 2012-16 Impreza wagons, model-year 2008-14 WRX ... The WRX is rated at 18/25/21 mpg, and the STI predictably brings up the rear at 17/23/19 mpg. Used 2009 Subaru Impreza Standard Features Standard equipment on a 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX STI includes large 18-inch wheels fitted with 245/40R18 Dunlop SP Sport 600 high-performance tires.

The Used 2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i is … Less cargo space than past Impreza models. I had the driver’s seat nearly all the way back to drive, and I couldn’t sit comfortably in the backseat with it that way. Fortunately, Subaru is backing up their product, and it is going in for a new paint job on the hood and roof tomorrow.

Added sheepskin seat covers make front seats comfortable.

– – What it offers is true sports performance plus real world practicality.The WRX doesn’t perform both roles perfectly, but if you’re looking for something that’s really fun to drive and doesn’t make you give up everything in your life or drive only butter-smooth roads, this could be the car for you. – The WRX’s turbocharged, 2.5-liter, horizontally opposed four-cylinder engine makes 265 horsepower and 244 pounds-feet of torque running on required premium gas.

Adding to your cart. 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Pricing and Specs Years 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 Compare 1 Impreza WRX STi trims and trim families below to …

Then there are the dreaded “sporty” cars that only look the part, but in reality are nothing more than normal, practical cars with some fancy body pieces.