Everything about that film was new, different, and life changing to me.

Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you grow your business. All rights reserved. It is one of those films that have somehow managed to remain timeless. In honor of the anniversary, Warner Bros. today is releasing a new “Deliverance” marked Cox’s first on-screen role. The other reason why it was propitious to shoot in sequence was because since we were doing all our own canoeing and stuff, the easy rapids were at the beginning of the film and the rapids get harder and harder as we go through the film. The places that are really the most dangerous never look dangerous. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Because I’ve carried these stories around with me for 40 years and in someways they are as fresh to me as they were 40 years ago. Copyright © 2020 Penske Business Media, LLC. Right above the fall there where Drew gets shot and goes out of the canoe and he doesn’t have a life jacket on. We had rehearsals to do every day, I had to work on learning that piece on the guitar. I don’t think it threw me quite as much as if I was going into a regular script, because I knew this script backwards and forwards. It was sort of work from beginning to end.

Both Ned and I thought that was how films were made. There are great anecdotes about his fellow actors: Burt Reynolds, Jon Voight and Ned Beatty. Well first of all we had a lot of stuff to do. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Deliverance (VHS, 1996) at the best online prices at eBay! Dueling Banjos: The Deliverance of Drew. We were out there sort of by ourselves. It wasn’t until I got cast in “RoboCop.” For some reason, because I had this backlog of people expecting me to be this decent nice guy, when he was evil he was like the They’re completely different. I would love to do another film with Paul. “Godfather II” I think is a really really great film, but that’s about the only one I can think of of two that was good. Great little short vignets about the movie. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition.Something went wrong. So we pre-recorded the song and matched the playback. Prior to working for Boorman, Cox was a stage actor hoping for a break. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. My late wife had a PhD in chemistry and there was sort of that connection to Paul. John is the most calming and supportive, and I’m not saying that Paul is not supportive, but he is volatile. I was hired for the picture because I play, but I’m not a blue-grass picker. We know Mr. Cox personally so it was fun to read the book from that vantage point. I loved the movie "Deliverance" and was surprised to find this book.

John canoed the whole river himself. We had an agreement going in that anything we didn’t want to do, no questions asked, “I’m not going to do that.” No questions asked. But it was quite different. When things went wrong we had to get them right ourselves or with the crew.

Ronny Cox is one great story teller.

As an actor I had a lot of things to sort out, to pull off — each one of us did. Ronny Cox: Drew Showing all 17 items Jump to: Photos (12) Quotes (5) Photos Quotes [Lewis and Drew are arguing about whether to bury the dead mountain man] : Lewis : The law! In putting together this collection of stories, Ronny Cox tells the "real" stories and puts those myths to rest.

It was like being on a boy scout trip in a lot of ways. These stories of the making of Deliverance are a treasure. I really like working with Paul a lot and I would give anything to work with John Boorman again. And there’s so much water that’s sweeping down towards that waterfall and they have a rope strung across and I’m going along and I’m supposed to grab the rope. But we had things to do.

It didn’t do any permanent damage but it sort of paralyzed my shoulder and I couldn’t swim. It was so dramatic. So we did it that way. Ronny Cox Live 2002 Cowboy Savant 2000 Acoustic Eclectricity 1993 Ronny Cox Books Cox, Ronny. I had never made more than $6,000 in one year as an actor. All of a sudden I’m down in Georgia on location, they fly us down first class, they put me up in posh surroundings.