The book has personal statements and self-portraits from various celebrities like My skin still crawls if you call me a movie star.

The British actress has made a point of eschewing straightforward pretty-girl parts in favor of more devilish damsels; as a result, she's built an eclectic resume that runs the gamut from Shakespearean tragedy to modern-day mysticism and erotica.

I get embarrassed.

Kate Winslet is very much interested in acting from her early childhood. Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet in Titanic Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet in James Cameron's Titanic (1997). Kate Elizabeth Winslet CBE (born 5 October 1975) is an English actress.

She was ranked #55 in 2013, #65 in 2012, #50 in 2011, #31 in 2010, #22 in 2009, #12 in 2008, #15 in 2007, #18 in 2006, #21 in 2005, #13 in 2004, #11 in 2003, #14 in 2002, #4 in 2001, #11 in 2000, #20 in 1999, #17 in 1998, and #27 in 1997.

Nominated for Best Supporting Actress, Rec.Arts.Movies. Is the third youngest actress (at age 40) to have received seven Academy Award nominations, behind On the day she had to film the straitjacket scene in

Her performance as Clementine Kruczynski in

[on being nominated in the same category as superstar

People are always so excited to see Leo and myself in the same space, which at the end of the day, that's so lovely, isn't it?

It's been 20 years and people still get such a kick out of it. She was originally cast as Nola Rice in There's not an awful lot that embarrasses me.

Chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful in the World (2005). She received her fifth nomination in 2007, at age 31, for

Husband Ned Rocknroll (born Abel Smith) works for uncle

I'm the kind of actress that absolutely believes in exposing myself. Won Best Actress, Toronto Film Festival for Nominated for Best Supporting Actress, Premiere magazine for Has acted out childbirth in two of her movies; Wrote the book "The Golden Hat: Talking Back to Autism" to raise awareness and support for autism.

The first two were Is one of 13 actresses to have won the Academy Award, BAFTA Award, Critics' Choice Award, Golden Globe Award and SAG Award for the same performance. Kate Winslet’s Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurements. Not at all. She holds a unique position in Academy Awards history: Only twice have two actresses been nominated for playing the same character in the same film. There is no way we are going to move out of England. [laughs] She was considered for the role of Bridget Jones in In an interview for the London Evening Standard, she revealed she has taken a year off (from April 2006 to April 2007) from her career, to spend more time with her family (2007).

Nominated for Best Actress in a Dramatic Performance, Excellent Dynamic Activism (EDA) Awards/The Alliance of Women Journalists for

I'm not sure if I want you to print that. Returned to work 11 months after giving birth to her daughter Mia in order to begin filming Ask Kate Winslet what she likes about any of her characters, and the word "ballsy" is bound to pop up at least once. She sold her North London home in Belsize Park to

Maybe it's because I'm British.

Kate's longtime friend and dialect coach has been To me, Nominated for Best Supporting Actress, Manchester Evening News Award for her theatre role in "What the Butler Saw" as Geraldine Barclay (1994). Runner-Up for Best Actress, New York Film Critics Circle for

[on growing her pubic hair for nude scenes in [Concerning whether Jack Dawson could have survived with Rose on the floating board in Titanic]

I am ecstatic! As of 2015, she is only one of six performers who won a Golden Globe Award as Best Lead Actor/Actress in a Motion Picture Drama without being nominated for an Oscar for that same role (hers for

Returned to work 5 months after giving birth to her son Joe in order to begin filming Prefers to wear boots rather than ordinary shoes because it makes her feel that her feet are "firmly on the ground". Hideous Kinky (1998) featured Winslet … Won Film Actress of the Year, Variety Club of Great Britain (1999). Kate was the first actress considered for the role of River Song in Won Best Spoken Word Album for Children, Grammy Awards, shared with An orange top she wore in In 2009, Winslet narrated the English version of an Icelandic documentary named In 2012, Winslet wrote a book about autism, entitled Winslet has said that despite her three marriages, and a family structure that might be perceived as "unconventional" by some, she does not consider it to be any "less of a family".Several journalists consider Winslet to be among the best actresses of her generation.Winslet has said she is interested in playing "angst-ridden women" with strong dispositions masking flaws and insecurities,Winslet's weight fluctuations over the years have been well documented by the media.Winslet was named one of the most beautiful people in the world by Prolific in film since 1994, Winslet's most acclaimed and highest-grossing films, according to the online portal "I can't just learn my lines and do [my job], but perhaps that's because I don't want to act, I want to be. Kate Winslet was born on 5 October 1975 and currently as of 2020, she is 44 years old. I play the main character in the most expensive and probably successful film, but that's not a good reason to leave England and become a superstar.

I don't smoke around my kids. Is this going to challenge me, is this going to inspire me, and is this going to make me love my job more than I already do? Chosen by People (USA) magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World (1996) and (2004). (September 3, 2001) Announced that she and husband

It's very important for me to make the statement that I am English and just because I've done one really big film, it doesn't mean that I don't want to keep a finger in the fantastic British film industry and do films like this. She was one of the choices for the role of Agatha in