Also, it may be a futile attempt to get help on the Internet as the questions may change or not be identical to the test I sat for. Diamond’s carbon atoms are bonded in essentially the same way in all directions.

It was only through the experience of this course that I realized how pampered we all are. All you need is a keen eye for details, a thirst for knowledge, consistent practice and the passion for finding out why things work the way they are.Come to think of it, I’m sure I might have made some jewelers upset because I usually spend more time examining diamonds and asking questions without making purchases. The Graduate Diamonds diploma programme examines the technical expertise needed to grade, buy, and sell diamonds with the insight of a seasoned professional. This was a little disappointing as I wanted to share my experience and offer some sneak peeks into the course.In essence, the course takes place in a seminar classroom with desks facing a projector screen.

Interestingly, most of these people already have years of experience in the trade. And if you think that an hour’s time to fully grade a diamond might sound long, it isn’t.And as luck would have it. I would say the lab class is easier with the knowledge from the Diamonds Essential course first.All rights reserved. With a GIA Graduate Diamonds Diploma, students are immediately qualified to work as sales associates, managers, owners, buyers, appraisers, … That equates to an average of an hour for each diamond. If you had performed some prior self-study before attending the course, the theoretical lectures are going to be a walk in the park. Stones were chosen and assigned at random. It’s the same prestigious diploma completed at a pace that suits your life. Thank you and sorry for some grammatical mistakes.The GIA course is definitely useful. By closing this banner or using this site you agree to our revised Thereafter, I would always ask for the grading report to see and verify it against my assumptions.

I am thinking of taking the GD courses at GIA through Distance Education. All rights reserved. I’m currently an Accountant and want to change careers or at least do something besides Accounting.Alice, if you are looking for a career in the jewelry industry, the GIA courses are great launch pads to start from.I am a Diamond Grader from india.I have been working in the industry for 10yrs. By closing this banner or using this site you agree to our revised I’ve been thinking about enrolling in the Graduate Gemologist (GG) program and/or the Jewelry Design & Technology (JDT) programs for years now. and I don’t wanna take wrong class where I can’t use anything with that knowledge. In the starting of my career i had done a diploma on polished diamond grading.As i am from a middle class family,i hadn’t enough money for the GIA GD course at that time.Then i started working in a retail diamond jewellers as a grader and startedI’m going to attend gemologist course soon in gia, but i’m new to this industry. One of the most prestigious credentials in the industry, the GIA Graduate Gemologist ® diploma program gives you the comprehensive knowledge of diamonds and colored stones you need to succeed anywhere in the jewelry business. This diploma program explores the GIA diamond grading procedures to assess the 4Cs – color, clarity, cut and carat weight and how they affect diamond … Just wondering if u prepared with anything!

Develop hands-on experience with the GIA International Diamond Grading System™ and the 4Cs (color, clarity, cut, and carat weight), and explore how they affect diamond value; Grade diamonds in the D-to-Z color range; Detect laboratory-grown diamonds, treatments, and simulants; Recognize when advanced testing is required

Develop in-depth, hands-on experience with the GIA International Diamond Grading System™ and the 4Cs (color, clarity, cut and carat weight) Grade diamonds in the D-to-Z color range; Build a knowledge base about colored stones and the colored stone market; Use gemological equipment effectively to identify gemstones You see, way before I signed up for GIA’s diploma program, I had already gotten my hands wet in examining diamonds.Before I started this website, the countless visits I made to the jewelers and the amount of sample stones I bought for self study was way beyond what you would have imagined. WHAT YOU'LL LEARN Develop hands-on experience with the GIA International Diamond Grading System™ and the 4Cs (Colour, Clarity, Cut, and Carat Weight), and explore how they affect diamond value

Go study up your reference books and notes. Of course, when I first started out, I wasn’t correct most all of the time.

After spending a total of 9 days there, I had gained a better insight into the Asian diamond trade and also made friends with some local jewelers. I am going to be staring the gemology program so it’s more ententive then just the diamond grading course. This program is made up of two online self study modules and one practical lab grading class for hands on experience.For the lab grading module, you are given the choice to attend it any GIA labs around the world. In a class filled with professionals who had been in the line for years, how could a simple Well, my secret is, there are no secrets. Just make sure you get the rest of the diamond grading portions corrects (i.e. To me, it was like a game of challenging myself. Established in 1931, GIA protects the public through gemmological research, education, impartial gem identification and grading services, and instrument development. I was kept busy in revamping the website for a new face lift for the earlier part of this year.