First Name Darlene. But first, she’ll have to complete her recovery from a series of health scares and four surgeries that kept her in hospital for almost 11 months, until last November.For now, she remains housebound. When she recovered in 1985, she weighed too much to even stand. In 2012, she announced that she lost 240 pounds and had dreams of re-starting her acting career.

With luck, she’ll be back outside before long, and will hopefully act again – following her acclaimed work two decades ago. Cates battled obesity for most of her life, weighing over 500 pounds at one point. October 22, 1913 - December 21, 2015 (102 years old) Kansas City, MO Services By McGilley Memorial Chapel-Midtown Text us for exclusive photos and videos, royal news, and way more. Video Video related to darlene cates dead: 5 fast facts you need …

Powered by Darlene Cates, who played the house-bound mother in What's Eating Gilbert Grape, has died at age 69. Free Movies and TV Shows You Can Watch Now. Text us for exclusive photos and videos, royal news, and way more. 1966), and two sons, Mark (b. Here, the actress Darlene Cates appears on the Sally Show, which later led to her starring in the film What’s Eating Gilbert Grape.Dennis Borel (Executive Director) and Gary Guller (Team Everest '03 expedition) interview Darlene Cates. – and is feeling optimistic that she might act again.“I can do moms real well.

... Darlene Cates. Robert Cates, MD. Cates won the role after appearing on the "Sally Jessy Raphael" show in January 1992 to discuss her depression and struggles as a 500-pound-plus person in … Johnny Depp. Movie Actresses. From Princess Beatrice to Meghan Markle Bodies Copyright © 2020 Heavy, Inc. All rights reserved. Darlene Cates hopes to lose 100 more lbs., and is optimistic she will act again Darlene Cates 1993 … I would sit there with a handful of pills and not have the courage to take them and not have the courage to live either.”Robert James Waller Dead: 5 Fast Facts You Need to KnowCates was married to Robert Cates, a retired U.S. marine. 1947. Shortly after, author and screenwriter Peter Hedges proposed to her that she play Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio's morbidly obese and housebound mother in What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993)--Cates accepted. Here's a look at her life and career.Video related to darlene cates dead: 5 fast facts you need to knowA clip taken from my extensive DVD collection of many British TV shows and news segments I have recorded with connections to BBWs and obesity. “Darlene was the best acting mom I ever had the privilege of working alongside,” DiCaprio At the time of her death, Cates lived in Forney, just outside Dallas.“There was this immediate draw to her,” Hallstrom said of Cates in a After the film’s release, DiCaprio famously wrote a letter about Cates’ acting, which was the first time she’d ever acted in a movie.

Darlene Cates Dead: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know She began gaining more weight, as she sought comfort in food when he was away. I don’t have to delve very deep to find Mom in there,” the Forney, Texas, resident tells the “I’m not really the best in expressing my words in writing but you are Cates would like more roles – one or two projects a year, she says. I don’t have to delve very deep to find Mom in there,” she told the Morning News.In that same interview, she showed just how proud she was of Cates had no acting experience when she appeared in “What you weigh may affect your life, it may affect your ability to get a job, your ability to attract a mate, but it doesn’t have anything to do with your value as a person, Cates George ‘The Animal’ Steele Dead: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know (Dancing was something she talked about loving to do ‘back in the day!’),” Sheri Ann continued. Robert Cates, Camera Department: The Punisher. “It was just like God was saying, ‘I know you don’t get out much, so here, this is a gift,’ ” she says.Cates is down from 575 to 331 lbs., and hopes to lose 100 more. Bodies She saw it as a sign. Actress Darlene Cates has died aged 69. Add celeb. Cates is survived by her husband, retired U.S. Marine Robert Cates; her sons March and Chris; her daughter Sheri Ann; and four grandchildren. Though Darlene was most known for her starring role as Bonnie Grape in the 1993 drama Prior to landing her breakout role as Gilbert Grape’s housebound mother — Gilbert was famously played by Darlene was previously born in December 1947 and raised in Borger, TX. In 2010, Cates suffered a series of medical setbacks and was in the hospital from December 2010 to November 2011. If you would like to opt out of browser push notifications, please refer to the following instructions specific to your device and browser: Darlene Cates Loses 250 Lbs., Sets Sights on Acting Again