The filter to add or remove fields from the comments form is 'Now let's remove the URL field using this filter. Will not display the comments template if not on single post or page, or if the post does not have comments. You may want to add a max_depth=X parameter, if the reply links are not appearing. Star 32 Fork 19 Code Revisions 5 Stars 32 Forks 19.

WordPress provides a flexible commenting system and provides a good support via functions to change the behavior and appearance of the comments of your site. We will use the add_comment_meta function to add a meta data field to comments. Largest free Technical and Blogging resource site for Beginner.

Just keep adding different texts and Share & leave us some comments on what you think about this topic or if you like to add something.I'm an Engineer by profession, Blogger by passion & Founder of Crunchify, LLC, the largest free blogging & technical resource site for beginners. But what if someone wants to add one more or multiple fields to the existing comment form? So have fun customizing your WordPress site! Skip to content. Lead discussions. Uses the WordPress database object to query for the comments. Collaborate.© 2020 Envato Pty Ltd.

WordPress being a highly customizable platform lets you customize the very basic types to a great extent to suit your site. Everything you need for your next creative project.

When I am not chilling around with friends, I stay occupied with one of the following open source projects I have done: Choomantar [Steganography ], the Browser Counter WordPress plugin, and Google Buzz From Admin.Looking for something to help kick start your next project?Design, code, video editing, business, and much more.Design templates, stock videos, photos & audio, and much more.Get access to over one million creative assets on Envato Elements. We help clients transform their great ideas into reality!All fields are also individually passed through a filter of the form There are number of different ways you could modify comment form. 6. WordPress provides default comment fields like message, name, email, website. Customizing using hooks/filters is very useful especially when you are customizing through a plugin and cannot modify the theme files. Flickr/Neal. In this article we are going to see how we can change the behavior and appearance of the comments in our WordPress site.Now let's customize our comment form by passing different arguments to In case we want to customize the fields of the comment form we can pass the fields to the So in case we want to remove the website field then we need to create the fields without the website field as follows and pass it to the Now if we go and see the comments form it will appear as follows:In addition to this let's now change the title of reply to 'Please give us your valuable comment' and also change the comment post button title to 'Send My Comment'.Now if we see the comment form it will look as follows:The WordPress comments form can be customized also using hooks and filters. Join Over 16 Million Monthly Readers... Modern, Secure & Fast Managed WordPress Hosting. - wp-comment-walker. Sign in Sign up Instantly share code, notes, and snippets. If you like the WordPress commenting system’s simplicity, but find its weak points frustrating, I have good news for you: There are plenty of plugins out there that upgrade and extend the native system’s functionality — let’s dig in… Disqus Comment System. '''
Please Post Your Comments & Reviews
'style.css - Modify WordPress comments look and feel One can change the look as well as the functionality of the basic types to make them behave and look as per the appearance and functionality of your site. Embed.