I don't want to make a free website anymore. If that's not the case I'd say you did not build up your HTML correctly. The z-index property specifies the stack order of an element.. An element with greater stack order is always in front of an element with a lower stack order. What is z-index? site design / logo © 2020 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under Regards, mihir. Ps: replying from the cell phone, sorry for any grammatical errors. Unfortunately, z-index is one of those properties that doesn’t always behave in an intuitive way. Elements can overlap for a variety of reasons, for instance, relative positioning has nudged it over something else.

your coworkers to find and share information. Here are some similar questions that might be relevant:If you feel something is missing that should be here, “Help!! I am trying to make it so the logo is on top of the gray bars image. Not only is it wrong, but it also makes your posts a nightmare to read. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Free 30 Day Trial Stack Overflow works best with JavaScript enabled It can either we relative or absolute. -remove img tag for bar image and put background of header tag.. :) This is because the Z-Index does not work with static positioning. It’s super useful, and honestly a very important tool to know how to use in CSS. Featured on Meta

No matter how many pop-ups or fixed navigation systems I make, I always seem to forget the golden rule with the CSS z-index selector: they only work on specifically positioned elements. Always remember that when using the z index rule you also need to write a position element. Even if elements don’t have their z-index set, there is a rhyme and reason to which ones will be on top. Free 30 Day Trial Definition and Usage. !” Is this you (but without the cursing)? WTF!!! Where developers & technologists share private knowledge with coworkersProgramming & related technical career opportunitiesYou really need to stop using the ` character to emphasize text that isn't code. Sorry, we no longer support Internet Explorer Z-index is a CSS property that allows you to position elements in layers on top of one another. See By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. I am trying to make it so the logo is on top of the gray bars image. Stack Overflow works best with JavaScript enabled Judging based on how many times this question has been asked, it is safe to say that this is the most common problem people have with the Z-Index function. Stack Overflow for Teams is a private, secure spot for you and By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Then it's a matter of margins and position for placement.see here i have change here... Stack Overflow for Teams is a private, secure spot for you and

Hope you find this intel useful. It seems simple at first, but it’s deceptively simple. Where developers & technologists share private knowledge with coworkersProgramming & related technical career opportunitiesremoved from Stack Overflow for reasons of moderation div { z-index: 1; /* integer */ } The z-index property in CSS controls the vertical stacking order of elements that overlap. Don’t worry – I feel your pain. Z-index is a CSS property that allows you to position HTML elements in layers on top of one another. your coworkers to find and share information.