Thanks for writing in!As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Use your wooden spoon to make sure none of the flour is stuck in the sides of the pan. Vol-au-vent allégés (coupoles de pain) Dans le fond de chaque cavité d'un moule à muffins, déposer une tranche de pain et presser pour former une coupole. The lumps will go, so long as you stir. Keep stirring the mixture, it will take a couple of minutes, and you will get lumps like in the photo. The chicken is lovely and tender, and together with the peppers and mushrooms in a wonderful cream sauce, this is perfect served with rice or pasta. Slice the onion, (not chop) and wash and clean the bell peppers and slice them lengthways like in the photo. Sauce à la King Vol-au vent au poulet Autres photos et utilisations à la fin 30 g (1 c. à soupe) beurre 30 g (1 c. à soupe) de farine ½ Litre (2 tasses) lait Sel, poivre Un peu d’oignon râpé (facultatif) Une pincée de paprika Un peu de persil Oignons … Then remove from the heat. The smells, even down to the texture of the chicken when you bite into it was a mirror match!So let me share a little piece of my 'memory lane' with you all and I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as I did. All cooked in one pan, quick and easy recipe with fantastic flavors! This works well as an appetizer or main meal.Breaded Chicken Skewers. In a double boiler, melt the butter. I could vividly remember the dish, I would order it every single Saturday when we would go out for our family dinner at the 'USRC' which was a recreation club for British ExPats.I could remember the tastes, smells, textures and even how the waiter would serve this dish, placing the rice on my plate and then making a well with his shiny spoon, ready to accommodate that delicious Chicken in it's velvety creamy sauce.oh boy! Then add 1/3 of the milk, again, stir until it is combined.8. This is a great recipe, suitable for a family meal or a dinner party.Yummy!Mom's Chicken Pot Pie An old family recipe and certainly comforting!Easy Chicken in White Wine Sauce. Return the frypan to the heat and add the onions, peppers etc to the chicken.Bring the sauce to a boil under medium heat, stirring occasionally.When boiling, add the port and the cream, stirring so everything is combined, then bring back to the boil. Serve your  Chicken A La King with some lovely rice or your favorite pasta, and sprinkle some chopped sage for garnish and enjoy!Here's a selection of lovely chicken dinner recipes for you. So I decided that I would share the slightly healthier version.The flavours certainly are exactly as I remembered. Stir in the flour and the seasonings. Le Creuset PG0800-232 Heritage Stoneware Square Dish, 3-Quart, Flame First, melt the butter in a saucepan, then add the flour.6. Full of flavor and great for a dinner or to serve at a party!Homemade Fried Chicken Tenders. Please enjoy!I have an intolerance to onions, what do you recommend to use instead in your chicken a la king recipe ?Hi Vera, sorry to hear that about the onions. This dish is absolutely delicious so hopefully, you'll be able to try it soon! These always go fast at parties so be sure you make plenty!Easy Mini Chicken Pot Pies. Don't worry about any lumps, just keep stirring and they will go. Keep stirring!11. Once it is boiling, your dinner is ready! Chicken A La King is a popular dish dating back to it's hey day in the 1970's. Continue to stir until the sauce becomes a thickness that you like. A wonderful creamy chicken dinner with flavors out of this world! I am immediately transported way back to the early 1970's when I lived in Colonial Hong Kong. Use a wooden spoon and stir very well, until it is all combined like the photo. *** Be sure not to let the onions burn or go brown as this will make everything taste bitter.4. Toute la famille salivera devant des vols-au-vent accompagnés de la sauce St-Hubert à la king. DIRECTIONS. Make the Sauce – To thicken the sauce, sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir for about 1 minute. The sauce immediately thickens. Be patient, it will seem like nothing is happening for a while, then suddenly, hey presto! It's quick and easy to make and lovely served over rice or pasta. Badigeonner l'intérieur de la coupole d'huile de canola à l'aide d'un pinceau de cuisine. Prête à servir, elle se marie à merveille à des morceaux de poulet et des légumes macédoine cuits, ainsi que nos vols-au vent! Cook the Veggies – Melt the butter over medium-high heat and stir in the diced bell pepper, onion, celery, and mushrooms.